I am absolutely in love with these ideas! Blessed Imbolc everyone!
EXPLANATION & INFORMATION
- “The Ancient Celtic Festivals and How We Celebrate Them Today” by Clare Walker Leslie and Frank E. Gerace (for ages 9-12)
- “The Earth Shapers” from the book “Celtic Wonder Tales” by Ella Young (for ages 9-12)
- “The Cailleach of the Snows” from the book “Celtic Memories” by Caitlin Matthews (for ages 8 and up).
- Make candles with beeswax sheets.
- Make candle holders with salt dough.
- Make and decorate a brídeog and Bríd crosses.
- Make a wooly sheep for Imbolc.
- Look for early signs of Spring. What is the first flower to make its way through the thawing soil? What kinds of birds and other wildlife do you see? This is a good time to start a nature journal.
- Do a Spring cleaning of your room, as well as helping the grown-ups clean the rest of the house.
- With a grown-up’s help, make…
View original post 80 more words