The purple amethyst is the violet flame of the earth. She is the “heart flame” that burns brightly in the center in the flame of life. Known in ancient times as the gem of fire, she carries the energy of creative passion, faithful love, divine emotional healing, intuition and yet bears the logic of temperance and sobriety.
When I first met Amethyst I did not know anything about this myth. I took my beautiful, newly purchased and cleansed Amethyst raw cut crystal, placed her to my forehead and began my meditation. Suddenly I was taken to a hotly glowing violet flame in the middle of a white alabaster room as pure and clean as cotton. There she emerged, her skin violet and crystalline, as she floated towards me to be my guide on my spiritual journey. I was amazed at her beauty and her grace. I do believe her peaceful energy exists. She guided me on my astral voyage to meet St. Germain, my past life twin flame who I affectionately called Jean-Paul. With him I traveled to many extraterrestrial planets and learned about my natural healing abilities. I met spiritual surgeons, saw the chakras in the palm of my hands spin and cut away illnesses. After I finished with my interlude with St. Germain I was gathered again by Amethyst, escorted to the purple flame and transported back into my body. Remarkable!
The name Amethyst derives from the Greek word ametusthos, meaning “not intoxicated,” and comes from an ancient legend. The wine god Bacchus, angry over an insult and determined to avenge himself decreed the first person he should meet would be devoured by his tigers. The unfortunate mortal happened to be a beautiful maiden named Amethyst on her way to worship at the shrine of Diana. As the ferocious beasts sprang, she sought the protection of the goddess and was saved by being turned into a clear, white crystal. Bacchus, regretting his cruelty, poured the juice of his grapes over the stone as an offering, giving the gem its lovely purple hue. So you see the Beautiful Lady Amethyst that I met, really EXISTS!
In Ancient Greece and Rome Amethyst was studded on their wine goblets to prevent drunkeness. It also was said to control evil thoughts. In the spiritual world, Amethyst provided a connection to the Divine. To the Hebrews, it was Ahlamah, the ninth stone in the breastplate of the High Priest, engraved with the tribe of Dan, which Aaron wore on his Ephod. It was also the twelfth foundation stone for the New Jerusalem and is said to be found in the throne room of Heaven. To the Egyptians, it was Hemag, listed in the Book of the Dead to be carved into heart-shaped amulets for burial. In Eastern cultures, it was listed in descriptions of sacred “gem-cities,” “trees of life,” and used in temple offerings for worship, and to align planetary and astrological influences. It was popular in rosaries and prayer beads, credited with creating an atmosphere of pious calm, imbuing a sense of mental peace and quietude. Catholic Bishops used it to keep one grounded in spiritual thoughts and repel the lusts of the flesh.
Amethyst is an exceptional crystal for wearing on the body, for use in healing rituals, and for enhancing one’s environment. It has been known to fade in direct sunlight and care should be taken. It is also good to clear its energies from time to time by holding the stone under running water for a short period while affirming that the stone be cleared. Keep unpolished Amethyst near other crystals to recharge them.
- Mind-emotion stabilizer, mental disorders, diseases of the brain, peace, creativity, joy, thought beautifier, addictions to drugs, smoking, and any destructive and compulsive behaviors of all kinds.A sedative effect that brings emotional wellness and inner strength as well as peace.
- Body-withdrawal symptoms of any sort of addiction,help with headaches, insomnia, arthritis,high blood pressure,diabetes,pain relief, circulatory system issues, endocrine system problems, chronic fatigue associated with fibromyalgia, immune system deficiencies,asthma, phobias, pregnancy and preventing miscarriage, menopause, PMS, and general healing
- Spirit-heals grief from personal loss, divorce, death. Opens one’s channels to telepathy, past life regression, clairaudience, clairvoyance, and communication with angels. Amethyst also protects against psychic attacks, especially during spiritual work. Increases spirituality and enhance intuition and psychic powers of all kinds. Amethyst is also excellent for meditation and lucid dreaming.
- Chakras-third eye crown, chakra, heart chakra
- Element-Air, Water
- Zodiac–Virgo, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces
- Crystal energy– Light slightly-pinkish violet to a deep grape purple
- Birth Stone-February
- Numerology–Vibrates to the number 3( joy and creativity)
- Goddess-Brighid, Triple Goddess of Celtic tradition and catholic saint of Ireland
Amethyst Quartz Properties
- Color: Purple, White, Smoky, Lavender
- Mining Locations: South Africa
- Mineral Class: Silicates
- Family: Quartz
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Chemical Composition: SiO2 Silicon Dioxide
- Hardness: 7